Fail Safe or Fail Secure ?
Swinging bolt Locks are available in Fail Secure and Fail Safe.
Fail Secure :
Becomes or remains locked when a power failure occurs / security of the goods in the room.
Release by activation of the electro-magnet, or mechanically by use of a key.
Locking is done automatically by a spring.
Once the bolt is ejected, it is blocked by a latch.
Fail Safe :
Unlocked when a power failure occurs / safety of the people in the room.
Unlocking happens automatically by a spring if there's no electricity.
Locking is done automatically by activating a electromagnet.
These locks of the B&B-Locks A1-product range are high-end security and safety locks.
By offering their extremely robust construction,
these locks have an extremely high resistance against all forms of aggression and intrusion attempts.
B&B A1-Locks are used in situations where the highest securitylevel is needed.
To assure a fast and accurate operation of the lock, The control of the cured locking parts
by a powerful magnet. This electromagnet is specially designed to make sure the lock has the best balance
between pick-up current and operating current.
The low power consumption and the very low heat generation are extra advantages of the electromagnet.
Unlocking of the happens through an impulsegenerator, such as a push button, cardreader, keypad,
fingerprintreader or other access control system.
A mechanical unlocking is still possible by use of a key. The A1-Lock will stay unlocked,
as long as the door is open, and will lock again as soon as the door is closed,
if the permanent magnet is dected by the hall-sensor on the PCB.
Door- and latchdetection are both built-in.
These locks are available in standard ( 5-wired-connection) and SRC-version.
SRC stands for “serial communication”, which makes it possible to get more information out of the lock throug a dataline,
and an extra connectionmodule SCR-1, which translates the data into potential free contacts.
(handle in use or not in use, cylinder in use or not in use, door opened or closed, latch pulled in or thrown out)
The default version is equipped with outputs to monitor if the door is opened and if the latch is pulled in.
However, these are transistor outputs, which you can connect with a relay (optional relay plate available)
The SRC-version provides extra information about the handle and the use of the cylinder..
All B&B-Lock locks are available with fixed and adjustable faceplate
Why choose a B&B A1 Lock?
1. Extremely high resistance to all forms of aggression:
- Locking parts assembled on a cast base plate of 10mm thick stainless steel.
- Surface Hardened locking elements (HRC45).
- Ejection of the latch 21 mm
- Latch with rolling built-in Anti-Saw Pin
- High Latch resistancy (non-destructable) sideways as front of the latch.
2. Release only under considerable lateral pressure
3. The lock can be mounted in the jamb of the door, sideways in the door or even on top in the doorframe.
If you install the lock in the doorframe you have the advantage that you don't need a cable transition.
4. Symmetrical bolt for both swinging and revolving doors (180°).
5. The strikingplate is a very solid, very sturdy, stainless steel,
cast plate with a molded boxed strike which makes the bolt unreachable.
As an option you can order an adjustable striking plate.
This is an advantage to align the the latch perfectly with the locking bowl,even aftere installation.
6. Both 17 mm and 22 mm cylinders can be used.
7. Strong electromagnet for a quick locking or unlocking.
8. The specially developed electromagnet is a perfect balance between pick-up current and operating current,
which leads to a very low power consumption and low heat generation.
9. Available in Fail Safe and Fail Secure.
10. PCB :
- PCB is protected by a plastic box. This can be completely sealed with polyurethane resin to protect against moisture,
salt, acid, etc. - Built-in electronic circuit board with microprocessor. (no external control unit needed)
- Programmable control unit with the following changing parameters :
- Number of restarts
- Time between restarts
- Time between detection of the striking plate and ejection of the latch
- Timespan from the withdrawn latch when the door is closed after impulse
11. Built-in signaling from the door and latchposition.
12. Metal Safety rosette (with 2 x M8 screws) available.
Connection on the lock
1 : + 24 V DC stabilised - Minimal 2.5A ( Red )
2 : - 0 V DC stabilised - Minimal 2.5A ( Blue)
3 : Openingimpulse of the lock ( going to 2 ) ( Black )
4 : Signal Latch in/out ( transistor-output) ( Brown )
5 : Signal door open/closed ( transistor-output ) ( Yellow )